SideTrak won't turn on and/or load
Here are a few things to double check:
- Make sure your laptop is turned on and open.
- Make sure your computer's operating system is up-to-date, especially Mac OS.
- Ensure you have downloaded the most recent version of DisplayLink driver: https://displaylink.com/downloads
- SideTrak may not be compatible with some docking stations, plug SideTrak directly into your computer
- Make sure both ends of your cord are plugged in securely. Try wiggling the connection between the USB-C cord and USB-A adapter.
- Leave SideTrak plugged in for a full 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Test ALL USB ports on your laptop. Some ports have more power than others. SideTrak may not power on all of your laptops USB ports, but it will work on at least one.
- Test SideTrak on another laptop, as your laptop may simply be incompatible.
Screen is flickering, frozen, or won't turn on
Make sure both ends of your SideTrak cord are plug in all the way to your laptop and to the SideTrak. Try wiggling the connection between the USB-C cord and USB-A adapter.
DisplayLink also offers possible solutions for screen flickering HERE. We have found success by checking the latest bios version installed as outlined in these support instructions.
Text and images are small
- Open display settings (Settings > System > Display)
- Click on the box labeled "2" to adjust settings on your second monitor
- Adjust the scale settings as seen below
Citrix is glitching on Windows
Check your display settings and be sure that your resolution and scale match.