Initial Troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure your laptop is turned on and open
- If possible, update your computer to the latest Windows software
- Update DisplayLink by uninstalling the current version, using the DisplayLink Cleaner, and installing the latest version here
- Plug the SideTrak directly into all ports on your computer (USB-A and/or USB-C) and wait 2.5 minutes after each port
- Try the SideTrak on another computer (preferably a computer with a different operating system)
- Test the SideTrak with a different USB-C or USB-A cord if you have an extra
Screen is Still Flickering, Frozen, or Won’t Turn On
If you are still experiencing connectivity issues, we recommend completing the following system updates.
Visit your PC manufacturer's website to see if there is a BIOS update available for your computer by clicking one of the links below.
- Dell - https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/?app=drivers
- HP - https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops
- ASUS - https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008276/
- Acer - https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
- Lenovo - https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/
If you are unable to find your manufacturer’s BIOS update, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our support chat.
Graphics Driver Update
If the Bios update doesn’t work for you, we recommend that you follow the steps in this video to update your Graphics Driver
If you have completed all of the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing connectivity issues, we would like to run a DisplayLink Diagnotic on your device to identify an alternate solution.
- Download and run the Windows DisplayLink support tool.
- Connect the SideTrak to your PC.
- Click on "System Compatibility Check" to see if there are any known compatibility issues.
- If this does not resolve your issue, click on "Gather Support Information."
- The zip file of information will be saved on your Windows desktop.
- The system information may take up to a few minutes to gather. You will be prompted once it is complete.
- Close the tool and send the zip file to us at email@example.com with the subject line DisplayLink Diagnotics Windows and a brief explanation of your issue
We will work with the DisplayLink IT team to find a solution for you.
Screen Connectivity Issues on Lenovo
Try to mount your SideTrak lower on the back of your laptop with the second set of metal plates so that it doesn’t interfere with your magnetic closure sensor.