Initial Troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure your laptop is turned on and open
- If possible, update your computer to the latest software
- Update DisplayLink by uninstalling the current version and installing the Mac Catalina Beta 2 download
- Reset Displaylink by switching between the mirror and extend display mode
- Plug the SideTrak directly into all ports on your computer (USB-A and/or USB-C) and wait 2.5 minutes after each port
- Try the SideTrak on another computer (preferably a computer with a different operating system)
- Test the SideTrak with a different USB-C or USB-A cord if you have an extra
Screen is Still Flickering, Frozen, or Won’t Turn On
If you are still experiencing connectivity issues, we recommend completing the following system preference updates.
System Preference Updates
Some Macs have stricter security policies that requires a few extra DisplayLink installation step. Follow these steps to connect to your SideTrak!
Note: Be sure that you have installed DisplayLink within the past 30 minutes. If this is not the case, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the software.
Open your security settings (Settings Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General)
Unlock and authenticate security changes if your device requires it.
Find "System software developer DisplayLink Corp was blocked from loading" and click "Allow"
If you don’t see an option to “Allow”, click into the Privacy tab, then Acccessibility, and check the box next to DisplayLinkUserAgent.
Your screen will not actually be recorded by Displaylink, approving this just allows DisplayLink to extend and mirror the pixels to the SideTrak monitor.
Restart your computer and plug in your SideTrak!
If you have completed all of the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing connectivity issues, we would like to run a DisplayLink Diagnotic on your device to identify an alternate solution.
- Download and run the Mac DisplayLink Support Tool.
- Connect the SideTrak to your Mac.
- Click on "Collect Info"
- The system information will gather into a zip file on your device and may take a few minutes.
- Close the tool and send the zip file to us at email@example.com with the subject link DisplayLink Diagnotics Mac and a brief explanation of your issue
We will work with the DisplayLink IT team to find a solution for you.
Screen on Macbook Will Not Extend
- Install the latest 4.3.1 from the DisplayLink download page.
- You might need to enable video functionality - see more information here.
- Restart your computer and login.
- Make sure that “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” is checked in Display preferences.
- Accept the DisplayLinkUserAgent accessibility dialogue box which opens System Preferences -> Security&Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility. For help with this, or if this dialog does not appear, see this article.
- Allow DisplayLinkUserAgent application to control your computer.
- Connect your DisplayLink enabled device.
- You should now see the Airplay icon in your systems tray.
- Click "Use as Separate Display" to switch to extended desktop mode.