SideTrak won't turn on and/or load
Here are a few things to double check:
- Make sure your laptop is turned on and open.
- Make sure your computer's operating system is up-to-date, especially Mac OS.
- Ensure you have downloaded the most recent version of DisplayLink driver: https://displaylink.com/downloads
- SideTrak may not be compatible with some docking stations, plug SideTrak directly into your computer
- Make sure both ends of your cord are plugged in securely. Try wiggling the connection between the USB-C cord and USB-A adapter.
- Leave SideTrak plugged in for a full 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Test ALL USB ports on your laptop. Some ports have more power than others. SideTrak may not power on all of your laptops USB ports, but it will work on at least one.
- Test SideTrak on another laptop, as your laptop may simply be incompatible.
Screen is flickering, frozen, or won't turn on
Make sure both ends of your SideTrak cord are plug in all the way to your laptop and to the SideTrak. Try wiggling the connection between the USB-C cord and USB-A adapter.
SideTrak screen on Macbook with Catalina blinks and goes dark
- Uninstall the current version of DisplayLink (Beta 3)
- Disconnect your SideTrak
- Install the previous version of DisplayLink (Beta 2) here: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1433
- Reconnect your SideTrak device!
Screen on Macbook with High Sierra will not extend
- Install the latest 4.3.1 from the DisplayLink download page.
- You might need to enable video functionality - see more information here.
- Restart your computer and login.
- Make sure that “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” is checked in Display preferences.
- Accept the DisplayLinkUserAgent accessibility dialogue box which opens System Preferences -> Security&Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility. For help with this, or if this dialog does not appear, see this article.
- Allow DisplayLinkUserAgent application to control your computer.
- Connect your DisplayLink enabled device.
- You should now see the Airplay icon in your systems tray.
- Click "Use as Separate Display" to switch to extended desktop mode.
SideTrak still won't connect to my Macbook with Mojave
Some Macbooks with Mojave have stricter security policies that requires a few extra DisplayLink installation step. Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue.
Open the system report (Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> Extension section in Software dropdown -> DisplayLinkDriver)
Check if the description says "Loaded: No" to confirm the issue.
Note: Be sure that you have installed DisplayLink within the past 30 minutes. If this is not the case, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the software.
Open your security settings (Settings Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General)
Unlock and authenticate security changes if your device requires it.
Find "System software developer DisplayLink Corp was blocked from loading" and click "Allow"
Restart your computer and plug in your SideTrak!