SideTrak Screen is Flickering, Frozen, or Won't Turn On
- Make sure your laptop is turned on and open
- If possible, update your computer to the latest software
- Update DisplayLink by uninstalling the current version, using the DisplayLink Cleaner (Windows Only), and installing the latest version here
- Plug the SideTrak directly into all ports on your computer (USB-A and/or USB-C) and wait 2.5 minutes after each port
- Try the SideTrak on another computer (preferably a computer with a different operating system)
- Test the SideTrak with a different USB-C or USB-A cord if you have an extra
If you are still experiencing connectivity issues, we recommended completing the troubleshooting steps specific to your operating system here.
Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com, 240-580-TRAK(8725), or our support chat!
Unable to Extend or Mirror Screen
For Windows Laptop:
- Open Settings
- Click System
- Click Display
- Select “Extend these displays” to extend your screen and “Duplicate these displays” to mirror them
For Mac Laptop:
- Plug in your SideTrak
- Open System Preferences
- Click Displays
- Click Arrangement
- Check or uncheck mirror displays
If you are still experiencing difficulty extending or mirroring your screen, we recommended completing the troubleshooting steps specific to your operating system here.
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 240-580-TRAK(8725), or our support chat with any questions!
Screen Doesn't Slide Out All The Way
- Pull bezel ONLY, do not grab onto mounting or sliding frame.
- Make sure you're pulling in the correct direction. Look at the arrows and pull in the direction that the arrows point.
- The sliding tracks are tighter when you first start using them. If you are pulling from the correct spot and in the right direction, just pull a little harder and it will loosen over time.
SideTrak Feels Loose
If your SideTrak feels loose, try to pull the monitor to the end of the dual sliding tracks until you hear it click into place.
SideTrak Won't Clip On Metal Plates
- Line up SideTrak with the top of the magnetic plates, "hooking" the SideTrak's mounting frame to the top of the magnetic plates. Magnets should attach, allowing you to firmly attach SideTrak - You should feel SideTrak click onto the magnets. Please watch our video to see!
- If your SideTrak is mounted near beveled edges and doesn't stay attached, remove the plates and reattached the SideTrak away from beveled edges. Directions on removing the plates and reattaching are below.
- If this doesn't work, check to make sure that the magnetic plates lined up with where the magnets are in the mounting frame of the SideTrak. If they are misaligned, check out the next section!
- If your plates still don't work and you need more - just contact us for free extra set!
Metal Plates Placed in the Wrong Location
Use the removal tool that was included in your box to remove the adhesive from laptop surface. Then use spare set of magnetic plates provided to reattach magnetic plates in correct location. Please watch video below to see how to remove and then reattach your extra set of magnetic plates that were provided in your SideTrak box. If you need another set of magnetic plates, you can purchase them here.
Removing Metal Plates from Your Laptop
Loading Extra Set of Metal Plates into Your SideTrak Mounting Frame